Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quoting Molly

Catching up on email and putting stuff away...
Here's something I found in Molly Gordon's newsletter from a few weeks ago, on selling:

"Selling is not about taking money from your customers' pockets and putting it in your own. Selling is an exchange, a transaction that marks the movement of energy in the form of money, products, and services."

Molly Gordon, MCC. Copyright (c) Shaboom Inc.(r) 2007. All rights reserved. http://www.authenticpromotion.com


Probably due to the fire, among other things, the Tahoe Festival of Fine Arts was sloooooow, and I did not sell much. But I like the quote above, because looking at selling art, in that light, makes sense to me. I put alot of energy into my art, and when someone DOES appreciate that, we exchange energy; art for money. When I'm doing work I like, I can feel good about that.



No comments: