Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blog Evolution Theory

I saw a man skiing in a banana suit yesterday.

How can you not love that? You don't see something like that every day. For instance, today I did NOT see a man skiing in a banana suit. On the other hand, if you were to see this every day, it would be a little weird.

So you see, life needs variation, and so, apparently, does this blog. I'm going to continue making periodic changes to it, as I learn more about blogging, and as my work evolves. I just changed the subhead to be a little less flip, and a bit more descriptive. I'm also considering changing the name of the blog, but not yet (simply because I haven't come up with anything). I used the word "Unglued" (haven't you ever wondered?) because I was doing a lot of laminated paper work (layered papier mache), and that requires loads of glue; plus, I like the word. But I'm working on presenting a clearer web presence, and I'm not sure "Unglued" works anymore. I'm also struggling with the use of my name, versus my business name. Anyone care to weigh in on that question?

2 comments:

ccmhats said...

I have to say that I have been thinking about the man skiing in a banana suit since I was lurking here on Friday...

I love the image! Thanks so much for sharing...

As far as choosing your own name versus another business name, I can see both sides of the issue.

Eventually, I decided on using my full legal name, because it meant I didn't have to file extra paper work for a "doing business as" alias...

Perhaps a silly way to decide, but it was just one less fee, and one less thing to have to remember to renew!

melissa lanitis gregory said...

Actually, he was snowboarding. (My kids reminded me...)

I talked over this issue with the UA at our last meeting, and decided that, even though my full name is long and hard to pronounce and spell, it's probably the better choice. I'll be using "Paper Moon" for some things, maybe the earrings, but will phase it out. I understand your rationale, and I think it's a pretty good one, really. But I'd always wanted a "business name"...which makes much less sense!

I find it really hard to be consistant with all this web stuff, but I think it's really important.